Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12: Let's celebrate with the most memorable concerts

Copyright - Peyton Owen
Mic check...

one two one two one two...

What was the best concert you have ever been to? I know it's hard to pick just one, two, one, two; so share the most memorable ones.

I definitely can't just pick one, but I would say the most memorable shows I have seen include the Living Legends (photo below) at the Ogden back in 2010. Even though Murs was missing, it didn't matter much because the entire group put on a show that I will never forget. I made sure to be up front and couldn't speak for several days after. Totally worth it.

Copyright - Peyton Owen
Umphrey's McGee at the original Red Rocks and Blue with Galactic,would be my next most memorable show. It was unbelievable how well they played while fireworks were set off in time with their music. It was an amazing set and I'm glad I had the opportunity to experience it. I had high standards for the following Red Rocks and Blue Two, and was quite disappointed with how they approached it the second time around. Either way today isn't a the day to dwell on the negative...

And lastly, a quick run through of Honorable Mentions (only because there are too many to share them all): Atmosphere at Monolith Festival in 2008, Brother AliHieroglyphics - Grieves and Budo - The Reminders - The MTHDS at Statebridge this past summer (broke my foot on the first day too...), Gogol Bordello at Red Rocks with Primus, Primus 3D, Galactic at the Fillmore with Corey Henry in 2010 (photo to right), Puscifer at Rivers Edge Festival in Minnesota, Blueprint in Milwaukee, Del, Evidence, and the list goes on...

Share yours as well...and don't forget to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment